Image Source: Business Insider
Waking up in the morning and rushing to work is something everyone hates. As we keep hitting the snooze button on our phone alarm, we just wish we could remain in our warm and cozy bed forever and never had to wake up. But, we have to get up—there’s no way out of that. But what’s possible is to make waking up less painful. Here are some tips that’ll come in handy.
1. Get a good night’s sleep. To make your mornings enjoyable, it’s important for you to get quality sleep in the night. Not more, not less.
2. Avoid drinking caffeine late in the day. To get a good night’s sleep and be able to throw off the covers happily in the morning, you need to stop drinking things that contain caffeine, at least eight hours before you go to bed. Caffeine disrupts sleep immensely.
3. Avoid drinking alcohol late at night. Even if it’s a couple of drinks, drinking alcohol can have adverse effects on your regular sleep routine. To get quality sleep, avoid drinking alcohol before going to bed.
4. Keep your clothes for the next day ready the previous night. Waking up in the morning might make you feel lazy, so to make your work easy and your mornings happier, keep your clothes ironed and shoes polished the night before.
5. Make sure your sleep zone has the right temperature. The last thing anyone would want in the morning is to get out of that warm and comfortable bed. So, make sure the temperature in your bedroom is not chilly in the morning. You can install a programmable thermostat to manage the temperature in your room.
6. Make your breakfast before you go to sleep. To avoid the mad rush in the morning, keep your breakfast prepared the night before, and just heat it in the morning.
7. Get up at the same time even on weekends. To make waking up less painful, you need to make your wake-up schedule a consistent one, and for that, you need to avoid sleeping for longer on weekends. Wake up at the same time you do from Monday to Friday and you should be fine.