Image Source: The Quotepedia
Movies are as much a source of wisdom to us as they are a source of entertainment. Films from across decades have mirrored life’s struggles accurately and held up a beacon of hope for movie-goers of all ages through the portrayal of brave characters. In this article, we look at 15 quotes that are among the most inspiring lines said about life in films.
1. “Don’t ever let somebody tell you you can’t do something, not even me. Alright? You dream, you gotta protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you you can’t do it. If you want something, go get it. Period.”
– The Pursuit of Happyness
2. “Being perfect is not about that scoreboard out there. It’s not about winning. It’s about you and your relationship with yourself, your family and your friends. Being perfect is about being able to look your friends in the eye and know that you didnt let them down because you told them the truth. And that truth is you did everything you could. There wasnt one more thing you could’ve done. Can you live in that moment as best you can, with clear eyes, and love in your heart, with joy in your heart? If you can do that gentleman – you’re perfect!”
– Friday Night Lights
3. ”Nobody is gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain’t how hard you can hit. It’s how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. It’s how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done.”
– Rocky Balboa
4. “I don’t want excuses. I know what you’re up against. We’re all of us up against something. So you better make up your mind, because until you have the balls to look me straight in the eye and tell me this is all you deserve, I am not letting you fail. Even if that means coming to your house every night until you finish the work. I see who you are. Do you understand me? I can see you. And you are not failing.”
– Freedom Writers
5. It is not our abilities that show what we truly are… it is our choices.
– Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
6. Do, or do not. There is no “try”.
– The Empire Strikes Back
Image Source: CarterWestPR
7. If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start. This could mean losing girlfriends, wives, relatives, jobs. And maybe your mind. It could mean not eating for three or four days. It could mean freezing on a park bench. It could mean jail. It could mean derision. It could mean mockery, isolation. Isolation is the gift. All the others are a test of your endurance. Of how much you really want to do it. And you’ll do it, despite rejection in the worst odds. And it will be better than anything else you can imagine.
8. “The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all.”
9. “There should be no boundaries to human endeavor. We are all different. However bad life may seem, there is always something you can do, and succeed at. While there’s life, there is hope.”
– The Theory of Everything
10. “You’ll have bad times, but it’ll always wake you up to the good stuff you weren’t paying attention to.”
– Goodwill Hunting
11. “There are many points in life when we cannot see what awaits us around the corner, and it is precisely at such times, when our path forward is unclear, that we must bravely keep our nerve, resolutely putting one foot before the other as we march blindly into the dark.”
– The Hundred-Foot Journey
12. “Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it.”
– The Lion King
Image Source: Dil, Tumblr
13. “Get busy living, or get busy dying.”
– The Shawshank Redemption
14. “Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary.”
– Dead Poets Society
15. “I know what I have to do now. I’ve got to keep breathing because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?”
– Cast Away